Select to view content in your preferred language

Where is data stored when it's copied to ArcGIS for Server 10.1 through Desktop

Jump to solution
02-28-2013 06:01 AM
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor
I recently published a map from my desktop to my server, and went through the whole "Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server" thing.  This is fine because I'm not using an enterprise geodatabase, and just have a bunch of file geodatabases in a registered folder on my server.  The data being copied over was itself a file geodatabase. 
My question is where is the geodatabase placed when it's copied to the server.  I couldn't find it in my registered folder, so is it somewhere else?  Is it possible to specify where the geodatabase is placed when copied to the server? 
I'm trying to keep my server clean, so if I choose to delete the map service, I also want to delete the source data on the server. 

Thanks,

Jay
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor
I spoke too soon - I found it.  The geodatabase, msd, and mxd file is located in the arcgis server directory: arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\FolderName\ServiceName.MapServer\extracted\v101.  If I delete the server, the data is deleted too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor
I spoke too soon - I found it.  The geodatabase, msd, and mxd file is located in the arcgis server directory: arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\FolderName\ServiceName.MapServer\extracted\v101.  If I delete the server, the data is deleted too.
0 Kudos