When publish "arcgis access feature service" use arcgis server, why it can't connect to SQLServer DataBase?

07-27-2017 09:05 AM
chengchao
New Contributor

The SQLServer DataBase is ok and the username and the password is right,why can't connect to SQLServer DataBase.

The arcgis server is 10.4,the SQLServer is 2008 R2.When I connect to database,it will show message "Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications sofeware that is not supported.

What's this meaning?

Database instance is SQLServer defualt which named 'MSQLSERVER',the ip address is '127.0.0.1'.

How to set it?

The question is shown as below picture.

I have installed SQLServer2008 R2,and use the "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio" to connect database instance is ok.  

The ArcGIS10.4 desktop  doesn't  contain  SQL Server client connect to  SQLServer2008 R2?

If ture,which software I can download?   Where I can find it?

Why the ArcGIS10.4 desktop can't  compatible with SQLServer2008 R2?  The 10.4 is so high.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cheng,

Please review this Esri KnowledgeBase article,

Error: Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software t... 

Hope this helps,

chengchao
New Contributor

I have installed SQLServer2008 R2,and use the "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio" to connect database instance is ok.  

The ArcGIS10.4 desktop  doesn't  contain  SQL Server client connect to  SQLServer2008 R2?

If ture,which software I can download?   Where I can find it?

Why the ArcGIS10.4 desktop can't  compatible with SQLServer2008 R2?  The 10.4 is so high.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Connection to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 is not supported with ArcGIS 10.4.x.

See Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.4.x—System Requirements | ArcGIS Desktop for more details.

Think Location