Web Map - attribute table of layer not updated with new entries

08-10-2021 08:16 AM
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Portal 10.6 Federated, Web Map and Map Service in map viewer.

Hi,

We've recently done a bulk change of attributes in a field of an FGDB FC , this FC is referenced as a layer in a Map Service.

We've set the new values to Null for all field values.  This is reflected in the popup, but the attribute table in the web map and web app still shows the previous attribute values rather than null/empty.

If however I sort the attribute table, it 'updates' itself and all the old values disappear.

The only thing I can imagine is there is some attribute index stored in the service, however silly that might sound.

Any theories or experience much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

You may want to try updating/overwriting the existing service after making the bulk change. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'd bet on that working for sure, although it's more of a question of why is this happening. 

The attribute data is completely gone from the FC so by what mechanism is it appearing?

Say the FC is used across 100 resources, does that mean republishing 100 times?

These questions aren't personally directed at you, more just outlining my train of thought. Also forgot to mention the REST query returns the previous attribute values also.

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Try clearing your browser's cache after republishing, something could be hung up there. You should not have to republish multiple time for each client accessing the rest service. Hope that helps 🙂

0 Kudos