I was wondering if anyone has any success using ArcGIS Server and Portal in a docker container?
We are currently attempting to use ArcGIS Web Adapter Java Linux in a Docker Container, our ArcGIS server instances is on a Windows 2012 server:
Some Spec Info:
Configuration - Container is up and running with Port Mapped from the host to the container on 9780 -> 8080
The future for our implementation is to move away from Windows Servers for ArcGIS.
Any suggestions on the Docker Container or any information for a full implementation for Server would be awesome
There was a similar thread on this topic where another user posted a sample,
And there is also an item on the ArcGIS Ideas site,
Hope this helps,
I have just tried to deploying multiple machine ArcGIS Server site on Docker last month. Here are my deployment steps:
(1) I use vmware created three VMs。One is manager host, the others are node hosts.
(2) I installed docker swarm and created a cluster between these VMs. The doc how install swarm is here:
(3) I used a bridge network to accomplish communicate with each docker containers on multiple hosts. The network between docker containers which can across multiple hosts is very important. There are many third software,for example: wave,pipework,open vswitch etc. This is my network architecture diagram.
(4) Create ArcGIS Server base image. I used the official centos 7 image,and installed ArcGIS Server manually.
(5) Deploying multiple machine site by docker.
All of these steps,I think the network is the most important.The ArcGIS Server containers must can communicate with each other directly, not use port mapped from host. Like in the example above, container A(IP:192.168.10.2) can ping other containers(IP:192.168.11.2 and IP:192.168.12.2).
Please forgive me for my bad english.
I hope this can help you.
ArcGIS Server 10.5 appears to be saving state somewhere outside of "config-store" and "directories". I have set up those directories to be persistent, so they are saved across restarts. That means that every time I start a docker instance, it should come up with the same site. It does not.
So I am thinking there is another file or folder outside config-store that is used to persist settings.
Do you know what it is?
Otherwise I have ArcGIS Server 10.5 working fine in Docker, I have published the work so far at http://github.com/geo-ceg/docker-arcgis-server
Brian Wilson, GISP