Use Workforce on Windows 10 in the Field

09-06-2019 08:20 AM
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Am I able to function as a Workforce field worker using Windows 10? If so, then how?

Tags (1)
6 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like the only mobile apps they have are for Android and iOS: What are the requirements?—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  You might be able to use the web app, but it wouldn't be as comfortable on a mobile device.

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1

You need to be a dispatcher to use the web app and it does not provide the filed crew functionality in any event.

A bunch of our crews use Toughbook Windows 10 devices. I saw a beta Windows 10 client but can't seems to download it. Wondering if it just went by the wayside?

ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey folks - at this time we do not have a mobile user client for Windows 10. That said, Windows 10 support is an ongoing conversation here at Esri. It's something we're monitoring to see how much demand there is. So far, there hasn't been enough demand to justify the significant costs of building and supporting Workforce on a new platform. That being said, if it's something that is important to you and your organization - reach out to your Esri account manager and let them know. Also email workforce4arcgis@esri.com and let the product team know directly. This does two things: 1) it allows us to keep track of how many people are asking for Windows support, and 2) it gives us your contact info so if we do end up developing a native Windows client we can contact you early to get you involved with any pre-release beta programs we might have.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, a lot of our field crews also use ruggedized windows laptops in the field mostly becuase they need to use other applications that only run on Windows; plus when they do come into the office, then it's also their main PC.  Collector for Windows 10 mobile app works great in the field; plus, they can use their phones if needed as well.  I've been waiting since 2016 for Workforce to be fully functional on all platforms for AGOL and ArcGIS Enterprise using single sign on, too.

KeithGerhartz1

Yes. I understand resource limitations. Hard to understand why Collector and Survey 123 are supported but Workforce is not give interest in integrating these apps. There are a ton of people who are limited to use of Windows devices. Without Windows support we either have to change platform (not likely) or carry a second device or just not use it. How about an HTML5 version. Then becomes a non issue.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been waiting since 2016!