Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrading 11.1 to 11.3

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
mhudson
Occasional Contributor

We will be upgrading our Enterprise environment next week. As stated in the title, we are moving from 11.1 to 11.3. We try and stay current with the odd releases of the Enterprise software.

I've read through most of the help documentation and know the order of install. However, in hopes to speed the process up, I was wondering if it's possible to start the installer on the Portal machine and then right away start the installers on our Web Adapters, Data Store, and Server machines.

Would this cause any issues?

I've been told nothing will work until all of our servers are upgraded and licensed to the same version. So if our Portal machine isn't going to play nice with our other 11.1 servers, does it really matter if I start the 11.3 installer on them.

Any information or insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@mhudson I received confirmation that you can kick off the installers simultaneously.  The post-upgrade order is the only thing that matters.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@mhudson I received confirmation that you can kick off the installers simultaneously.  The post-upgrade order is the only thing that matters.

0 Kudos
mhudson
Occasional Contributor

Jake,

Thank you for the response. I was hoping this would be the case to help speed the process up when we are upgrading the environment.

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Frequent Contributor

You can install the web adaptor while the Portal is being upgraded, but you won't be able to configure the new web adaptor until the Portal configuration is completed.

GISP
0 Kudos