Upgrade one instance of Web Adaptor but not another on same machine?

Jump to solution
02-07-2018 01:59 AM
BogiBjornsson
Occasional Contributor

Greetings,

Perhaps someone can shed some light on my question. I have two instances of Web Adaptor (v.10.3.1) setup on the same machine which are pointing to two different ArcGIS Server Sites. I wanted to know if you could upgrade only one instance to another version (e.g. 10.5.1 or 10.6) and leave the other instance at it's current version.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is no upgrade feature for Web Adaptor. You need to unregister and uninstall the old web adaptor. Install new Web Adaptor. While installing, specify the same name as the old web adaptor. After the installation of web adaptor, you need to configure it ArcGIS Server.

Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor—ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) Installation Guide (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Web adaptors of multiple versions can reside in the same web server. So, the other web adaptor won't get affected.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is no upgrade feature for Web Adaptor. You need to unregister and uninstall the old web adaptor. Install new Web Adaptor. While installing, specify the same name as the old web adaptor. After the installation of web adaptor, you need to configure it ArcGIS Server.

Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor—ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) Installation Guide (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Web adaptors of multiple versions can reside in the same web server. So, the other web adaptor won't get affected.

Think Location
BogiBjornsson
Occasional Contributor

Of course! You are completely right, I forgot it doesn't have an upgrade option. I blame it on lack of coffee at such an early hour

Thank you!