Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrade map cache storage format

10-13-2023 07:47 PM
JRHockersmith
New Contributor II

Recently upgraded arcgis server to 10.9.1, then 11.1.  I also updated from arcmap to arcpro.   I want to upgrade the map cache storage to cache compact v2 format from v1.

Tried to use the python script in the documentation.  Ran the script and it errors out with "software is not authorized".  Not sure why.

Tried using the arcgis server manager.  It has a caching controllers toolbox containing an Upgrade map cache storage format tool.  It takes no parameters.  Ran it and results in a "failed" message.  No other insight provided.

Anybody using the latest tools able to do this?

Since ArcPro doesn't have the tool, but ArcMap does, seems like I should have updated the format prior to updating arcgis server.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you use this GP tool; https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/server/convert-map-server-cache-storage-form...

It should be able to run at any license level.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JRHockersmith
New Contributor II

I currently have it in compactv1 form.  I did try the convert in addition to upgrade.  The convert started extracting from the bundle file into many jpg files.  I cancelled that operation.  I need in-place upgrade without duplicating the disk space.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah ok. I know that most of the "update / upgrade" type GP tools make a copy, update / upgrade, then delete the original. So additional disk space would be required.

--- George T.
0 Kudos