Upgrade and Restore - Enterprise

Jump to solution
07-01-2019 11:23 AM
SoratoSouza_e_Silva
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I cannot restore data from 10.4 ArcGIS Server to 10.5.1 version??

Only able to restore data from early versions?? For example 10.5.1 to 10.4...

Thank´s

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andre,

> I cannot restore data from 10.4 ArcGIS Server to 10.5.1 version??

To be clear, are you asking about the ArcGIS Server site configuration backup and restore capability,

Back up and restore your ArcGIS Server site configuration—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | A... 

or something else?

It's by design that you can't backup a 10.4 Server site and restore to a 10.5.1 Server site, because they are different software releases. Their internal schemas are different and they support different functionality. Back up and restore is meant to be performed with Server sites of the same software release.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andre,

> I cannot restore data from 10.4 ArcGIS Server to 10.5.1 version??

To be clear, are you asking about the ArcGIS Server site configuration backup and restore capability,

Back up and restore your ArcGIS Server site configuration—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | A... 

or something else?

It's by design that you can't backup a 10.4 Server site and restore to a 10.5.1 Server site, because they are different software releases. Their internal schemas are different and they support different functionality. Back up and restore is meant to be performed with Server sites of the same software release.

Hope this helps,

SoratoSouza_e_Silva
Occasional Contributor II

Derek, Thank´s

"It's by design that you can't backup a 10.4 Server site and restore to a 10.5.1 Server site, because they are different software releases. Their internal schemas are different and they support different functionality. Back up and restore is meant to be performed with Server sites of the same software release."

I'll keep this response!

Helped me a lot.

Regards,

André

0 Kudos