Select to view content in your preferred language

Update license - all services are gone

04-02-2013 11:25 AM
GeorgeRaber1
Deactivated User
I have to update my ArcGIS license each year, and when I did so (ArcGIS server 10.1) all my services disappeared.  I have 3 machines and only one is running ArcGIS 10.1 (the others run 10) and the 10.1 was the only one to have this problem.  I can publish and create new services, but I would like to get my old services back.  Since it is 10.1 I can't just republish all the geoprocessing tools without getting them all ran again.  Is there a way for me to get them back at this point?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColeRies
New Contributor
Hi George, did you ever figure out a way to recover the services? I have encountered the same issue. Thanks
0 Kudos
ScottSwanson
Deactivated User
I too had this happen on one of our AGS 10.1 servers. I had to reinstall and publish all services again. It doesn't sound like there is good way to backup site/services. Curious to hear how you recovered from this. In talking with ESRI it sounds like 4.2 will have better tools to manage site and services for back/restore functionality.
0 Kudos
LisaFulton1
New Contributor
For anyone else who has had this problem, I had the same thing happen when I renewed our EDN license. I found the problem was that I had used the authorization code for a Basic license instead of Advanced. Once I re-authorized with the Advanced license code, all my services reappeared.
0 Kudos
MiguelLeon
New Contributor

I was having this problem, I just needed to restart my server and the services came back.

0 Kudos