Unable to 'Enable Enterprise Geodatabase'

Jump to solution
02-21-2018 05:53 AM
ThomasPuthusserry
New Contributor III

Hi I am trying to 'Enable Enterprise Geodatabase' functionality for a database hosted in the Amazon RDS (SQL Server Express Edition 13.00.2164.0.v1). I followed the steps explained here (Create a geodatabase on Amazon Relational Database Service for SQL Server—ArcGIS Enterprise on AWS |... ) but there is no success. Is this because my RDS instance is Express and not a standard SQL Server edition ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Thomas 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasPuthusserry
New Contributor III

Solved:

I found out that the process work if I use a different keycode file (although the keycode initially used was from a similar server advanced licence). Thanks all for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThomasPuthusserry
New Contributor III

Hi Jayanta

To clarify: I am using an AWS SQL Express instance as the database which I can connect using ArcCatalog and store non-spatial tables. I would like to make that database into 'geodatabase' so that I can store spatial data and that is where the process is failing. 

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

What issues are you facing while following the steps?

What is the error message?

0 Kudos
ThomasPuthusserry
New Contributor III

Solved:

I found out that the process work if I use a different keycode file (although the keycode initially used was from a similar server advanced licence). Thanks all for your suggestions.