unable to connect to...

09-30-2016 09:35 PM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

not really how i wanted to start my weekend, see below...

so all my arcsocs are still running in the task manager, but i cannot connect to that server in arcmap nor can i access the manager website. this happened out of nowhere, i have no explanation for this...which seems to be the growing theme for most our issues with ESRI.

can anyone help or any input on the matter?

thanks

Dave

Server and WebAdaptor for 10.2.2

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you able to sign into the Admin API?  If you look at the status of the machine in  machines/<machine_name>/status does the realtime and configured state both say started?  Have you tried to restart the ArcGIS Server Windows service?

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

i have attempted:

1) restarting arcgis service

2) rebooting the entire machine

i can get into the admin site....

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

after looking at the logs more...

since removing the security patch the server is stuck in an infinite loop trying to recycle the services and then errors out....rinse and repeat!

dave

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

so heres a quick roundup...may have to escalate this to calling esri support....

1) 10.2.2 for server working fine

2) started noticing javaw.exe issue with server

a) it was suggest that we install the security patch 2016 update2...we did

3) the patch took care of javaw.exe issue but a new issue was created with arcsocs killing the machines with maxing out memory 

a) we removed the patch

4) server no longer works as expected

5) reinstall patch server works as expected

6) remove patch a 2nd time

a) server no longer works as expected

not clear yet, but there may be a bug with the removal of the patch...not sure what it is doing to the server instance, but it does not like it.

dave

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

Just to make other 10.2.2 users aware....

we were able to brainstorm here in the office and we figured out the issue....

we also had the "map consumption patch" in place as well as the 2016 update2 patch. when we removed the 2016 update2 patch, the software, for some reason was confused as to what "state" to return server to. we found that we actually had to remove the "map consumption patch" as well (so all patches on machine had to be removed). then reinstall the map consumption patch (we wanted to keep this patch in place) after all patches were removed and server was working as expected at that point.

dave

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for the update, Dave, glad you got things sorted out.  While I know you've spent a lot of time on this already, you may want to contact Support and see if you can get a bug logged if this is reproducible on their end as well.  It'll be good to get this addressed if it is an issue.

0 Kudos