Select to view content in your preferred language

The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Failure to access the DBMS server[ ]

03-30-2023 02:28 AM
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Hi , 

When registering sql server database connection as datastore on arcgis server site an error message 

"The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Failure to access the DBMS server[ ]"

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

@RedaAli what values are you using for the connection info? Not the exact values, to protect security. Are you typing them in or importing an sde connection file?

0 Kudos
RedaAli
New Contributor III

I can connect with ArcGIS pro
Importing the connection also tried typing

0 Kudos
IanIce1
New Contributor III

I just solved this in my situation. I had this exact error when trying to register a database in our Development ArcGIS Enterprise System. One virtual machine has the SQL Server databases (MSSQL Server 2019) and another virtual machine has a single machine deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise. I go to register a database in the datastore on the Portal's hosting server and no bueno, I get the aforementioned error. I made sure the windows user running the AGS service had full permissions to everything and still......no bueno. 

Solution - Although "Allow Remote Connections" was enabled in the SQL Server database properties in SSMS, TCP/IP protocols were disabled in the SQL Server Configurations. See attachment. Setting this to "enabled" and allowing the port (1433) across the firewall as an inbound rule solved the problem for me. See this link: https://www.apesoftware.com/calibration-control/help/sql-remote-connections. Hope this helps!!

0 Kudos
ChrisGoodman2
New Contributor

I had the same error when registering ArcGIS Datastore. I could register the datastore on the ArcGis Server, and the server could see it listed, but clicking Validate would fail with

"The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Invalid connection property.[ ]"

The root cause was that server could not contact datastore on port 6443.

See: 

0 Kudos