settings to require a logged in user to edit feature service

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 11:37 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been troubleshooting a couple of rest services that have been in place longer than I have been with the organization. There were a couple of feature services that the users had reported were no longer functioning.  When I tried to click the link for the REST endpoints I got a page not found.  I logged on to the server and found the directory where all the MXDs used to create the services were stored. For some reason when i attempted to republish the documents used to create the problem feature services ArcMap would hang. I decided instead to delete the problem services and publish new ones with the same name/settings.

The user reported that the services are back online but he mentioned that the processes they use to connect to the services is no longer prompting him for user credentials and it should require a logged in user.  I wasn't aware of a specific setting that would require that a user be logged in and I've looked at all the properties of the service and cannot find anything that would force a user to be logged on to access/edit service.

We're running 10.6 on this machine.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Keary

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it a standalone ArcGIS Server, or the server site is federated with Portal?

Do the current users login using built-in user credentials?

Could you ensure the service is shared only with the organization or specific groups, and it isn't shared with everyone (public) ?

JayantaPoddar_0-1624043160259.png

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it a standalone ArcGIS Server, or the server site is federated with Portal?

Do the current users login using built-in user credentials?

Could you ensure the service is shared only with the organization or specific groups, and it isn't shared with everyone (public) ?

JayantaPoddar_0-1624043160259.png

Think Location
0 Kudos