Restrict connection to AGS as publisher only?

Jump to solution
12-04-2015 02:40 PM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to restrict connections to ArcGIS server with the "Publisher" role only?

I don't want users to connect as Administrator.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't know at this point if this would be possible, but I will try and find out on my end. There's a bug that has been logged that you should know about: NIM084728 - ArcGIS for Desktop gives the wrong impression that a user can create an Administrator connection using the credentials of a user with Publisher privileges. This is going to be addressed soon.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't know at this point if this would be possible, but I will try and find out on my end. There's a bug that has been logged that you should know about: NIM084728 - ArcGIS for Desktop gives the wrong impression that a user can create an Administrator connection using the credentials of a user with Publisher privileges. This is going to be addressed soon.

VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

So what you're saying is that this issue was identified back in 2012 and back 3 versions ago, so it won't be addressed anytime soon...

Also, this is NOT an impression, our staff is actually getting the Administrator privileges!