Rename Federated AGS Computer

Jump to solution
07-10-2020 12:16 AM
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Disaster recovery and replication—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | Documentation for ArcGIS Ent...  says that I can have 2 redundant sets of servers for Enterprise with different machine names.

I cloned my existing Enterprise-related servers and I'd like to tell my new copy of Portal to talk to the newly created copy of my ArcGIS Server machine. Where do I go to configure that?

I hope I don't need to reformat all my new servers and install Enterprise from scratch.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Not quite sure I understand the question,but to achieve the workflow you linked to, each environment would already be configured; you'd have a fully working Enterprise deployment in environment A and a fully working Enterprise deployment in environment B, both using the same front-end URLs. All traffic is getting routed to the "primary" environment and you're replicating data using the DR tool to the standby environment.

So that being said, your new portal should already be talking to your new server. The blog below goes into a bit on URL resolution when setting up secondary environments for migration, but it's applicable to DR as well:

Migrate to a new machine in ArcGIS Enterprise using the WebGIS DR tool 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Not quite sure I understand the question,but to achieve the workflow you linked to, each environment would already be configured; you'd have a fully working Enterprise deployment in environment A and a fully working Enterprise deployment in environment B, both using the same front-end URLs. All traffic is getting routed to the "primary" environment and you're replicating data using the DR tool to the standby environment.

So that being said, your new portal should already be talking to your new server. The blog below goes into a bit on URL resolution when setting up secondary environments for migration, but it's applicable to DR as well:

Migrate to a new machine in ArcGIS Enterprise using the WebGIS DR tool 

ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about:

5. Install your ArcGIS Enterprise software on it. If you’re using the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, run the Setup and then the Configuration Wizard.

Looks like I get to reformat my AGS machine.

0 Kudos