Select to view content in your preferred language

Rename an ArcGIS Enterprise Machine

Jump to solution
03-08-2024 09:15 AM
NathanHeickLACSD
Regular Contributor

I attempted to use webgisdr to migrate to a new machine with a different hostname and alias.  I was mostly successful in doing so.  The internal URLs were setup before the import.  I reinstalled the web adaptors after the import with the alias.  However, I still notice the old URL in various places like the link to generate a token from the Server Administrator Directory or in the service properties in the Server Administrator Directory.

Is the expectation of webgisdr that the target machine always takes over the hostname or alias of the source machine?  Is there a way to update the URLs everywhere in an ArcGIS Enterprise installation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

When using Enterprise with an alias, webgisdr keeps that same alias information and there's not a way to change it by restoring to a new system.

Esri Professional Services can help change the alias of an Enterprise system, but it's not a supported workflow outside of that group (i.e., Support Services won't be able to help).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

When using Enterprise with an alias, webgisdr keeps that same alias information and there's not a way to change it by restoring to a new system.

Esri Professional Services can help change the alias of an Enterprise system, but it's not a supported workflow outside of that group (i.e., Support Services won't be able to help).

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD
Regular Contributor

Thank you Reese.  That's the feeling I got.  Doable if you really understand the internals of the software, but risky if you don't.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever taken advantage of hosts file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc?

0 Kudos