Select to view content in your preferred language

"Analyze" task takes upwards of an hour to complete when publishing as a web map to ArcGIS Enterprise

Jump to solution
02-21-2024 04:31 PM
ANH
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have been trying to save a new version of a web map to ArcGIS Enterprise. However, the "Analyze" step takes over an hour to complete. How can the analyze step be sped up?

To save this new web map, I have been using ArcGIS Pro's "Save Web Map" feature:

ANH_0-1708561711914.png

ANH_1-1708561735653.png

The analyze step is activated once the Analyze button is clicked:

ANH_2-1708561833018.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @ANH,

Which version of Pro are you using? There's a suggested version of Pro for each version of Enterprise - here's the link which describes this: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/geoprocessing-se...

The warning you get before saving indicates there's something not right with the ArcPro project - the analyze button essentially scans your whole document for anything that may be incompatible for publication.

Does the document contain many layers? I'd suggest resaving/recreating the document in the correct version of Pro and trying again.

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @ANH,

Which version of Pro are you using? There's a suggested version of Pro for each version of Enterprise - here's the link which describes this: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/geoprocessing-se...

The warning you get before saving indicates there's something not right with the ArcPro project - the analyze button essentially scans your whole document for anything that may be incompatible for publication.

Does the document contain many layers? I'd suggest resaving/recreating the document in the correct version of Pro and trying again.

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
ANH
by
New Contributor III

Hi @A_Wyn_Jones,

Thank you for this suggestion - I had no idea that there were suggested ArcGIS Pro / ArcGIS Enterprise pairings. In my case, I downgraded Pro and tried again - the analyse step only took 20mins. There are many layers in this web map, so it seems you are correct about that as well.

Thank you!

0 Kudos