Publishing with “overwrite” option ends up with the frustrating error “packaging succeeded, but publishing failed”,

04-08-2017 02:03 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Publishing with “overwrite” option ends up with the frustrating error “packaging succeeded, but publishing failed”,

Despite the fact that “analyze” shows no errors and the “preview” displays the map correctly, nevertheless, publishing with “overwrite” option ends up with the frustrating error “packaging succeeded, but publishing failed”.

What might be the issue here?

This issue has never been resolved even in case we are using 10.5

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
16 Replies
rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

Dear Avinash,

I tried what you suggest above, but the issue is still exist.

I create a new SD file and update the service name to be like the new one, I change the service definition in the following path “C:\Users\rawans\AppData\Local\ESRI\Desktop10.5\Staging\arcgis on localhost_6080 (admin)”

But the issue still exists, what do you think?

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I get this error from time to time, usually if the service or the network is under load.  But at 10.4x I've never not been able to just re-publish the service again - I've never had this error result in a .wlock file for the service

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hi David,

This is very disappointing error has never been vanished despite the fact that we use ArcGIS 10.5

All workarounds are very exhaustive and sometimes don’t work.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes I agree and know how frustrating it is, especially for a shop like yours where you have to perform alot of overwrites.  There is an ArcGIS Idea out now to see if we can get an overwrite option (re?) established as part of the agsAdmin tools

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jamal,

> This very disappointing error has never been vanished despite the fact that we use ArcGIS 10.5

Again, please contact Esri Tech Support and open an incident so they can help you investigate further. It would be nice if we could get a detailed repro case, so we can look into the cause and find a resolution to the problem.

Hope this helps,

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

"Packaging succeed but publishing failed" typically means that the Server will have recorded some type of error.  From the looks of your initial post, the logs seem to be pretty busy so what I would try is to clean the logs if possible, set the logs to Debug, try again, and then set the logs back to Warning or whatever they were at.  Then, you at least have the logs prepared if you're going to contact Support, as they will likely ask for them.

lubnanajeh
New Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply but this solution not all the time works well. what do you think?

best,

Lubna

0 Kudos