Publishing to Portal from Agency Server

05-22-2019 08:10 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to publish map services to our cat portal from an agency server. We have to restart publishing service every time we want to publish something. Is this something that is common or has anyone else come across this issue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

> Unable to publish map services to our cat portal from an agency server. We have to restart publishing service every time we want to publish something. Is this something that is common or has anyone else come across this issue

It might help others help you if you provided some more specifics and details. Right now your statements are too vague.

- What release of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?

- What do you mean by "cat portal" - is this Portal for ArcGIS or an ArcGIS Online organization?

- What are you publishing from: ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?

- Was this workflow working before and this issue just started? If the latter, were there any system changes?

- What is the error message(s) you're getting?

- What is the security model you're using?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Derek,

Thanks for the email- Along time ago- I took your Intro to ArcIMS and Administrating SDE from you ( around 2002)

Here are your answers:

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7

CAT Portal is Portal for ArcGIS in our testing environment and our Production Environment

Mostly Pro but also ArcMAP

I believe it was working at 10.6.1

I am not sure about the error message- I think I can get a publishing error log

We are using Azure AD ( I think that is the security model)- I can try to forward this to my server manager

Sometimes I think they can resolve it by stopping and starting the service several times

Thank you

John

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

> Thanks for the email- Along time ago- I took your Intro to ArcIMS and Administrating SDE from you ( around 2002)

ArcIMS was a cool product back in its day.

> I believe it was working at 10.6.1. I am not sure about the error message- I think I can get a publishing error log

So did your publishing workflow stop working after upgrading to 10.7? Perhaps something happened during the software upgrade process? And yes, providing any error messages or logs would help.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Derek- we have opened a ticket with ESRI support regarding this issue. Thank you for taking an interest in it