Problem publishing mesh larger than 10 Gb from Arcgis Pro to Portal.

02-01-2022 09:19 AM
CaSuárez
New Contributor II

Hello everybody!!

I am working with drone data to create 3d products over an area of ​​approximately 1.3 km2. The mesh was created in Site Scan for ArcGIS, it weighs approximately 11 Gb and from there I was able to view it without any problem, just like when I download them in SLPK format to view it in ArcGIS Pro.

CaSurez_1-1643735956933.png

The problem is when I try to publish them to the portal, since the data loads as a hosted layer but it is not possible to visualize them as a scene since it stays loading but never allows to visualize them.

CaSurez_0-1643735690161.png

The publication to the Portal was done in two ways, from Pro with the Share Package tool, and also from the portal with add item. In no way could I visualize the Mesh as a scene. Although, having it in the portal and viewing it from the option to open with ArcGIS Pro, does allow me to view the mesh.

Carry out the exercise by publishing a smaller Mesh in the same way, and with it if it was possible to visualize it.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

Thank you very much for your help!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Although I haven't tried this before, if you are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 or later, please check the following article.

What’s New in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1: Publishing large scene layers in a snap (esri.com).

Think Location
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello @CaSuárez Did you know oyu can publish directly from Site Scan to ArcGIS ENterprise. This following blog article discusses this and supplies the batch script to perform this as well

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/site-scan/imagery/publishing-from-site-scan-to-arcgis-onli...

Cheers

Gordon