Problem installing System Log Parser (SLP)

Jump to solution
01-31-2022 12:56 PM
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

When I unzipped the SLP download I found a document called "System Log Parser Installation Guide.docx".  The installation directions include:

"Double click SystemLogParserInstaller.exe. The installShield Wizard will start". 

Is this accurate?  I cannot find the file "SystemLogParserInstaller.exe" anywhere in the ZIP file I downloaded (SystemLogParser.zip, version 0.12.9.0).

slp_install.png

However, if I run the file "SystemLogsGUI.exe" the program appears to work.  I think the doument "System Log Parser Installation Guide.docx" is incorrect and needs to be updated.  Can anybody confirm this for me?  I don't want others to have this same problem.

Thanks,

Bernie.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
berniejconnors

I found the answer.  See the section outlined in red below:

"The latest version does not include an installer.

The document is incorrect and it needs to be updated.  All you need to do is extract the files to a folder on your hard drive and run the file  "SystemLogsGUI.exe".

slp_install2.png

View solution in original post

berniejconnors
I found it with a Google search - "ArcGIS Server log analysis". I figured somebody must have created a tool for ArcGIS Server log analysis so I went looking for it.

Bernie.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
berniejconnors

I found the answer.  See the section outlined in red below:

"The latest version does not include an installer.

The document is incorrect and it needs to be updated.  All you need to do is extract the files to a folder on your hard drive and run the file  "SystemLogsGUI.exe".

slp_install2.png

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Bernie,

How did you find out about this utility?

The Client IP Request graph on the IIS tab and others are very helpful.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
I found it with a Google search - "ArcGIS Server log analysis". I figured somebody must have created a tool for ArcGIS Server log analysis so I went looking for it.

Bernie.