Print service from ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 failing in Web AppBuiilder

11-14-2023 07:17 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello GIS friends,

Good morning! I'm having print issues again printing from Web AppBuilder. The print service is from ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1. A few months back when I first installed ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1, I had printing issues and Esri @TanuHoque helped me resolve the issue with a new patch from Esri. However, now without me doing anything we are having print issues again.

This time the error is:

Error executing tool. Export Web Map: ConvertWebMapToArcGISProject() takes from 1 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given failed to execute (Export Web Map).

If anyone out there is getting the same error please I need help.

Our entire Entire Enterprise of 100 users are unable to print maps. Please let me know if you know how to get this to work.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
16 Replies
PLadd
by

UPDATE: I tried to recreate the PrintTask using ArcGIS Pro 3.2 hoping that this might clean up the printing issue (Export Web Map, Get Layout Templates Info, then Share as a web tool per these instructions) . 

Instead I got errors ("Server version 10.9.1 tool ExportWebMap(server) does not have new parameter Layout Item ID)" which led me to this known bug

UPDATE: Confirmed with ESRI tech that my issue is part of the aforementioned bug.  The bug's solution is to downgrade APro. . . . 

AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

There's usually a compatibility table from Esri where it tells you which version of ArcGIS Enterprise is compatible with ArcGIS PRO, this is important for geoprocessing tools (Like the printing tool). I discovered this not long ago.

Geoprocessing service compatibility  

There is good article from Esri Australia about this:

Compatibility between arcgis desktop applications and arcgis enterprise 

In previous versions of Enterprise (10.8.1) I had issues with secure web services when I was using custom templates from ArcGIS PRO. The way I solved the issue was creating an account for the ArcGIS Server service in Portal and adding that account to the groups I needed the tool to print web services (the problem was always that the ArcGIS Server service account, which is in charge of the printing geoprocessing tool, didn't have access to the web services, as those were secure under a group, so that account couldn't access the resource to render and print the layer in the map). Once that account had access, the maps were printing ok (I don't seem to have that issue in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2).

AbiDhakal

@PLadd 

The crazy part is you do not even have to create or overwrite (if you already had a print service from ArcGIS Pro 3.1 or older version) your print service. The mere installation of ArcGIS Pro 3.2 on a machine that has ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 will throw an error on the print service. The solution is to not install ArcGIS Pro 3.2 on the same machine that has ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 installed.

I do understand the compatibility of different versions of ArcGIS Pro working with different versions of ArcGIS Enterprise, but the mere installation of ArcGIS Pro 3.2 on a machine that has ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 will cause the issue is strange. Thankfully, we got that figured out.

Thank you,
Abi

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

but the mere installation of ArcGIS Pro 3.2 on a machine that has ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 will cause the issue is strange.

@AbiDhakal 

just curious - did you ever contact Esri Support and open an incident? if you do, can you pls share the incident id with me? Thanks

AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque 

I'm surprised i cannot find the case in my.esri.com. I do not know what happened with the case.

AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque 

I found the case number. Esri Case #03484767

Thank you for your patience.
Abi

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @AbiDhakal. appreciate your quick response.

I see the incident got resulted in a bug (BUG-000163345)