Possible to Edit GP Service After Publishing?

05-25-2017 09:32 AM
LloydBronn
Occasional Contributor II

I have a GP service script tool published to our ArcGIS Server. It has five input parameters. I'd like to add two more. Is it possible to accomplish this in the Server admin, or would I have to edit and republish the tool from Desktop or Catalog? I would like to avoid the latter because I had to make extensive changes to the Python script once it was published to the Server. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I've never tried to update the parameters of a GP service after it has been published but I don't think it will work.  I would imagine that there are other references to the parameters somewhere other than the script and script tool, and you'll likely get a "Parameters need repair" error if you add, edit, or delete any.  Can't hurt to try though.

The other issue is what edits did you need to make to get the script to work after publishing?  

0 Kudos
LloydBronn
Occasional Contributor II

I needed to change all the ESRI path variables to local and network paths because of problems with the workspaces. I suppose I could copy the script that's currently on the server and overwrite the new one after republishing. 

0 Kudos