point feature not drawing in collector with 10.8.1

10-22-2020 10:32 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone else ran into the issue of their point features not showing in collector after being published with 10.8.1 I know there was a bug with 10.7.1 that they put a patch out for but wasn't sure about 10.8.1 i didn't see one on the support page

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

I have a few questions here.

1. Does the issue happening with even the most simple point symbology?
  2. Are there any domains or subtypes present on the feature service?
  3. Was the service published from ArcMap/ArcCatalog, ArcGIS pro, or uploaded directly to ArcGIS Enterprise?
  4. Finally, is the behavior consistent across multiple devices?

Thanks,

Calvin

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

1. Yes

2. yes we have domains. But again like I said we have been using these domains and subtypes for a while now

3. ArcMap

4. No they show up when being viewed on AGO

The only thing I can think of is that we have yet to update our sde geodatabase from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1 I will try that let you know. But it seems to be doing the same behavior as it did when they put out the patch for 10.7.1 server 

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

as a follow up I upgraded our DB to 10.8.1 and published services every which way simple points, with esri valve point symbols (like we have been doing for years) and still not getting any points to show up in collector. Also the weird thing is that services published with 10.7.1 draw. So not sure if there is bug or not like 10.7.1

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

So as another follow up I added all our point layers to a mxd and left their symbols as the default symbol they get loaded with. published and they all displayed in collector, including the valves and service connections that were not displaying. So I am going to assume it has to do the with the symbology

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't seen a defect logged for this behavior in 10.8.1, but it may be worth investigating through Technical Support. 

Have you been able to try publishing the same feature class using ArcGIS Pro, or zipping the file geodatabase and uploading the folder to Portal directly? I wonder if the issue is with the way ArcMap stores graphical information, which is different than ArcGIS Pro/hosted content.

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

It just crossed my mind that sometimes when this behavior happens, usually a compress and index rebuild on database and the GDB_Items table on the sql server sometimes fixes it. I will try that if that works I will let you know. Thanks  

0 Kudos
GIS_System_AdministratorSunshi
New Contributor III

Hi There

We have just done the upgrade to 10.8.1 (including sde database)

We have just discovered some layers are now not drawing in Collector or Field Maps. but will draw in Collector Classic.

it is a point layer. With a simple def query. Has domains. Published as a feature service.

I have tried leaving it as the default point symbol.

When I republish the existing service, (has maybe 10 other layers in MXD. Different feature) it still didnt work. Only in Classic.

However if I built a bran new MXD with only the one layer, it would be visible in the latest Collector.

I was going to try publishing in Pro next

0 Kudos