Patching Server that isn't part of a Site

Jump to solution
02-05-2020 12:14 PM
CuyahogaGIS
New Contributor III

Can you apply all the available patches to a fresh install of ArcGIS Server before joining it to an existing Site? We're getting ready to replace some VM ArcGIS Servers with physical servers.

I've done a fresh install of ArcGIS 10.6.1 and it has some patches available. Does the Server need to be setup with a config_store and be part of a Site to install the patches?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Glad to hear everything is working for you!  As you mentioned, you can patch before or after creating a site - the results are the same but it can be faster before the site is created.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CuyahogaGIS
New Contributor III

Got a response on a Slack channel from someone at Esri and they said it's better to apply before creating the site. Functionally identical but the patching process will be faster if no site is created yet.

Been patching the past couple hours without issue.

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Glad to hear everything is working for you!  As you mentioned, you can patch before or after creating a site - the results are the same but it can be faster before the site is created.  

CuyahogaGIS
New Contributor III

I'm trying to mark your reply as the answer but the 'Mark Correct' button doesn't seem to do anything.

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, I reported this to the GeoNet team and marked the answer as correct.

0 Kudos