Overwriting Feature Service fails to update service properties

10-18-2023 10:47 AM
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a Pro Map that was used to publish a FS. The featureclass in this map and FS used to be versioned. However, we need it to participate in a collaboration so:

1. Unversioned the featureclass
  2. Enabled Archiving
  3. Enabled Replica Tracking
  4. Enabled Editor Tracking
  5. Overwrote the existing FS

Sadly this FS fails to ever collaborate from AGE 10.9.1 to AGOL with the message:

"message": "Failed to import the data from the 'hosted feature layer' '74aac07685a94094b22f0c470fd5d30b' due to 'publishing error'. This 'hosted feature layer' item will NOT be imported."

During trouble-shooting I have determined:

1. Nothing is wrong with the collaboration workspace as I can successfully collaborate other FS's via it in 2 directions.
  2. If I use the same Pro map and data and publish as a fresh, new FS I can successfully collaborate this just fine using the same collaboration workspace.

My assumption is that the overwrite of the original FS that used to be versioned is leaving being some configuration settings or service property that is preventing the original FS from collaborating.

Any advice is gratefully received.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChadKopplin

As I was reading your issue, I was thinking the same thing that there are some residual settings from the original project that are not allowing the overwrite to play nicely.  I would add the data into a new map in the project and see if you are able to publish from that map.  If you are able too, I would delete the previous map and continue with the new map.

berniejconnors

Good suggestion @ChadKopplin

If you still have trouble publishing from a new map within the existing Pro project you may want to create a new Pro project from scratch and try again.

Bernie.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

@ChadKopplin & @berniejconnors thanks for the response.

I recreated the Pro map, and tried overwriting the original FS. However, the issue still persists and it fails to collaborate.

The issue we have with using the newly published FS is that the original FS is already embedded in several high profile maps and web apps that we'd have to re-create.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChadKopplin

What versions of Pro and Server are you using?  There could be an incompatibility issue between the versions.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

ArcGIS enterprise 10.9.1 and Pro 3.1.3

0 Kudos