Select to view content in your preferred language

No portal-config.properties file on ArcGIS Server on Linux

10-31-2023 12:39 PM
rmcooper_wcpss
New Contributor III

I am having trouble with licensing ArcGIS Pro from a License Server deployed with ArcGIS Enterprise. In short, when I try to sign in as a named user using our License Manager on Enterprise, authentication fails and I receive the following error:

A valid ArcGIS License Manager for your Licensing Portal could not be found on the specified host. Please contact your organization’s License Administrator to ensure that your ArcGIS License Manager is running and accessible.

As a part of my attempts to work out this issue, I came this technical support document that appeared to be right in line with my issue: 

A valid ArcGIS License Manager for your Licensing Portal could not be found on the specified host

I have worked through each of the steps, but am stuck on the last one:

Set the machine name in the portal-config.properties file

On the ArcGIS Server machine, set the machine name to a FQDN in the portal-config.properties file to accurately identify the machine.

The document says that the file should be found in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\etc.

We are not using a Windows Server as suggested by the file path provided by the technical document, but the directory structure for where ArcGIS Server is installed on our Linux server is such that there is a <server directory>\framework\etc directory.

1. There is no Portal (or portal) directory within our ArcGIS Server installation.
  2. There is no portal-config.properties file in <server directory>\framework\etc nor anywhere among the other directories that make up the ArcGIS Server installation.

Questions

1. The document says to find portal-config.properties on ArcGIS Server. Is this correct? I have found it in the same directory on our ArcGIS Portal installation, but given the amount files that make up each of the components of Enterprise, I am hesitant to assume this instruction accidentally state to find the file on ArcGIS Server rather than Portal. 
  2. Is portal-config.properties exclusive to the Windows Server installation of ArcGIS Server?
  3. Given the file is not there, are Enterprise admins using Linux expected to create portal-config.properties at <server directory>\framework\etc

Thanks for any guidance the community can offer. Happy to offer clarifications on request.

System Details

• ArcGIS Enterprise: 11.1
  • License Manager: 2022.1
  • Server OS: RHEL 8
  • ArcGIS Pro: Tested on 2.9.3 and 3.1.3
0 Kudos
0 Replies