Need to undo "move edits to base"

Jump to solution
09-25-2014 06:35 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

I have a table in my sde that i want to replicate. However when it was registered the "move edits to base" was checked. Therefore I can not replicate it. If I just un-register then re-register the table will this fix my problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

See the ArcGIS Documentation

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

"...

When you unregister a feature class, the delta tables are dropped from the database—that means all versioned edits that were made but not posted will be lost. To prevent these edits from being lost, either compress all the edits to the base table before unregistering the data or compress them to the DEFAULT version from the Unregister As Versioned dialog box. The software prompts you to compress the edits to the base table when you attempt to unregister a feature class as versioned.

..."

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

See the ArcGIS Documentation

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

"...

When you unregister a feature class, the delta tables are dropped from the database—that means all versioned edits that were made but not posted will be lost. To prevent these edits from being lost, either compress all the edits to the base table before unregistering the data or compress them to the DEFAULT version from the Unregister As Versioned dialog box. The software prompts you to compress the edits to the base table when you attempt to unregister a feature class as versioned.

..."

Regards,

Richard