Move/Copy Services to another Service Directory

Jump to solution
05-04-2015 08:10 AM
ToddBlanchette
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm currently using ArcGIS for Server 10.2 and am wondering if there is an easy way to copy or move services with the Server Manager from one service directory to another?  I've looked through the help files and here on GeoNet, but I haven't found an answer yet.

For simplicity's sake I want to take SERVICE1, which is located in ROOT/FOLDER1 and move it to ROOT/FOLDER2.  Can this be done?

Thanks!

Todd

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just to cross post, I used the TransferServices tool fro 10.2.1 to 10.4.1.  For my purposes, I had to do some tweaks.  I've documented the changes I had to make here...

https://community.esri.com/message/647866-re-how-copy-map-service-from-one-arcgis-server-to-another-...   

In case it will help anyone else.  I'm note sure if these were needed just for my installs or not. 

Sebastien - I did not pull or post to the github site....since I still don't feel comfortable doing that (just downloaded a local copy) and because my fixes might be site specific.  But I can send to you and/or share with others if needed.

SebastienPetit
Occasional Contributor

I think you could post it as a fork on github.

The idea is to share our creations to make everybodys life easier

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This tool is not working for 10.4 AGS

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I got it working with 10.4.1 with a few modifications.  See my link in my response above.  If you are trying to use it, can you upgrade?

0 Kudos
SebastienPetit
Occasional Contributor

The original tool has no problem with 10.4 and 10.5

0 Kudos
CraigHancock1
New Contributor

Do you have this working for 10.9.1 and ArcGIS Pro?

berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

I would to know this too.

0 Kudos