Select to view content in your preferred language

Move ArcGIS Server to new machine and licencing

Jump to solution
10-19-2016 10:48 PM
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II

We are moving our ArcGIS server from in house to a cloud environment.

In terms of licencing, can I have both running at same time while testing and configuring the cloud environment. ie can the cloud environment be authorized while the in house is still running?

The in house server will then be decommissioned once the cloud environment is running.

thanks,

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II

haha, thanks Derek, Yes I am a bit cynical as it always seems to cost money when I talk to rep.

Just wanted to see if there was any sort of standard procedure before going to local rep.

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Since this thread is one of the top results when searching for "ArcGIS Enterprise license" and "new machine", I am adding this post information for reference.

Look into failover licenses as mentioned here Re: Best practice to migrate ArcGIS Server seamles... - Esri Community 
"You can acquire a failover license at no extra cost, as no requests are going to that failover environment. This is somewhat similar, as long as you don't run in that temporary migration status for long, I think you should be able to use the same license but again, contact your account manager for further clarification."

0 Kudos