Select to view content in your preferred language

Match with No Zone in GeoCode Service

04-05-2021 02:50 PM
MattFancher1
New Contributor III

I used the "create locator" GP tool in Pro 2.7 to create a locator. After it was created I modified the geocoding options to allow "match with no zones" and then published the locator to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server (v10.6.1). All that worked fairly well, except I still have to include a zone in the search criteria to get a match. For example, I can't just search "90 W Broad St". I have to search "90 W Broad St, Columbus, OH".

This is my first attempt creating and publishing a locator from Pro. I've always used ArcMap and had no problem with this. Anyone with a similar experience or advice?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

We allow some flexibility when matching to features that are considered nearby.  These 2 postal codes are right next to each other which is why you get a result with a slightly reduced score here.

Is the expectation that you get unmatched instead of a nearby candidate with a lower score?

There is currently no way to disable matching to nearby results but if this is what you are requesting, an enhancement would need to be submitted through support.

Brad

0 Kudos
FrankMatzen
New Contributor III
Yes, I would like it to not return a match if the ZIP differs. Thanks!
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

One option you have is to set the Minimum Match Score higher, let's say 99, which is the score that gets used for batch geocoding.  Any candidate that has a score below 99 will be marked as unmatched and they can be reviewed in the Rematch Addresses Pane in Pro after the batch geocoding is completed.  You can keep the Minimum Candidate score lower so that you still get candidates when using interactive geocoding in the Rematch Addresses or Locate Panes.

The Minimum Candidate Score controls candidates in interactive searching but does not apply to the batch geocoding process.

Brad

0 Kudos
FrankMatzen
New Contributor III

Thanks Brad. I will try that.

0 Kudos