Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Layer Symbology Not Updating in the New Map Viewer in on Portal ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

Thursday
NicoKroes
New Contributor III

Hello:

I created a web map in the new map viewer in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and added a secured service from a non-federated instance of ArcGIS Server to the map. When I update the symbology in ArcGIS Pro and overwrite the service, I notice that the symbology does not update in the map I have created in the new map viewer (this could be done in map viewer classic). Is there a setting that I am missing in the new web map viewer that will update the symbology in the map when the map service is overwritten?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you ever edited the symbology in the map itself? Once you do that, overwriting the service from Pro will not automatically make the changes based on that document. You'd have to remove and re-add the service to the web map.

It's possible you might be able to get around it by editing the json of the map, but I am not confident enough to recommend that.

0 Kudos
NicoKroes
New Contributor III

In this particular map. I have not edited the symbology of the map. Removing and re-adding services is not ideal. I can take a look at the JSON to see if that is possible, but this seems to be a bug to me.

0 Kudos