Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues with configuring LDAP with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1

08-31-2023 06:49 PM
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

Dear Community

I am trying to configure LDAP with ArcGIS Enterprise through Ldap and Windows configuration in Portal admin configuration store in Security. However, it generates me the same error in both the cases

Error

com.esri.arcgis.portal.admin.core.PortalException: java.lang.Exception: Could not connect to the user store. Please check the configuration and try again.

Code: 500

The user used in the configuration does have the access to LDAP, I am not sure whats causing it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asergio
New Contributor III

Hi @DeepikaJain01 ,

Check using the Test-NetConnection power shell command that the Portal for ArcGIS server has connectivity to the LDAP server.

0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

You can go to the Identity store configuration at portaladmin/security/config and use the "Test identity store" button once you're config is in place.

The error you are getting looks like ports 3268-3269 may be blocked (for Windows authentication via AD). Turning on debug logs when configuring the Identity store gives good feedback on which ports are being contacted in your setup.

Hopefully will help you resolve the problem

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos