Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there an option to delete protect Feature Service from Server Manager?

Jump to solution
01-18-2024 06:49 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello GIS friends,

Good morning and a happy New Year to you all!

Is there an option to delete protect feature service from Server Manager?

I'm aware there is delete protect of Feature Service from the Portal, but an option to also protect Feature Service from being accidentally deleted from the Server Manager is utterly important.

Thank you'
Abi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Agreed, and actually it didn't really occur to me until you posted this, so thanks for the question. Don't forget to mark this as solved!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

I actually don't think there is, at least not natively in Server Manager. This article from ESRI seems to indicate that if your service is a dedicated instance and you enable schema locking, it should prevent deleting but in my experience it definitely does not:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/unable-to-delete-an-arcgis-server-service-in-arcgis-se...

AbiDhakal

I like the article you linked. Thank you.

I will put this in ArcGIS Ideas. I think delete protect option for feature services from ArcGIS Server Manager will save a lot of headache trouble.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Agreed, and actually it didn't really occur to me until you posted this, so thanks for the question. Don't forget to mark this as solved!

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

It's in ArcGIS Ideas now!

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Great! Can you post a link so people who find this can get there easy and give it kudos?

AbiDhakal
0 Kudos