Select to view content in your preferred language

Is their way to display the number of users of a map\feature service?

11-12-2014 01:10 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Is their way to display the number of users of a map\feature service?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a way to know the number of current users of a particular map\users service. For example, in the Geocortex web mapping application, there is a tool that can show all users who access the Geocortex web application and also provides some robust statistics.

Is this available in the ArcGIS?

Is the number of users of a service is associated with the number of cores and RAM size of the server machine?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Man thanks Paul.

I’m still struggling to show the ArcGIS Server services and their users with no luck.

I have checked all the fields but still neither the services nor the IP of the users are displayed.

What might be the issue here?

Clip_200.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
PaulCrickard1
Deactivated User

All I can think of is you need to restart the server or maybe it won't take effect until it writes a new log file for the next day.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Paul.

I have restarted my machine but still can’t see easily the name of my ArcGIS server services and the IP addresses of their users.

Clip_208.jpg

In the case of Geocortex optimizer, we can display all users of the web application and the time each user accesses it.

Clip_212.jpg

Is this developed in 10.3?

We need to have an idea about the users of our service:

How many are they?

Who are they?

The time they spend accessing our services.

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
PaulCrickard1
Deactivated User

If your service is tied to a webpage that you can modify, you could always script the analytic in to the page and ignore the server side.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

In this post, my focus is on the size of the users of services but not applications. In my example above, I wanted to show how similar data is collected for web applications. All what I wanted to know is if I still can see the volume of users of our services the same way I can have an idea regarding the size of users of our application.

For example, the Geocortex optimizer does register the number of daily users of the site below

http://geo.molg.pna.ps/

Then how can I know the number of users of the service below?

http://213.6.3.171:6080/arcgis/rest/services/ABC_Areas_ElectronicCopy/MapServer

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos