Insights for Arcgis- "invalid hosting location", unable to create new workbook

12-08-2016 12:47 AM
rubatala
New Contributor III

hello all, 

Does anyone try to use insight for ArcGIS? and is there any problem facing you when you try to use it??

is there any issue list address in insight  for ArcGIS?? please, I need help on this topics . 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can Get Started with FAQs and Insightful Tips.

Think Location
rubatala
New Contributor III

Thank you, Jayanta but the web app did not work with me. I do not know why??

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We would need more details.

At what stage of installation is the issue coming up? Could you attach a screenshot of the error message, if any?

Check the installation prerequisites in Install Insights on Windows—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Enterprise and

also check Configure the portal to support Insights—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Think Location
rubatala
New Contributor III

actually, I do not have the issue in installation but when I try to click  the button of start new workbook it did not give you any result, just stay in the window, there is no action or any error 

0 Kudos
rubatala
New Contributor III

and when I'm in the first window of insight>> start workbook>> right click on the page>> Inspect>> Give me the following error :

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ruba,

You may want to rename your question to something that is a little more specific like "Anyone have experience and advice installing Insight" or something similar.  It will help others in the future to know this thread is about Insight.  You can edit the title using the Edit button (upper right).  It may look like you can not modify it, but if you click in the title it will let you.  If you have troubles, one of us can help.  thanks.

rubatala
New Contributor III

Thank you, Rebecca  but I tried to make the modification on the title but it didn't work, however, i tried to install the insight but did not work with me. did you face a problem like this??

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ruba,

FYI, Insights for ArcGIS is designed and meant to work with Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 configured with a hosting server.

Are you trying to deploy it with Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 PreRelease? or are you trying to deploy it with an earlier release of Portal for ArcGIS?

FYI 2: 10.5 final should be available very soon.

Hope this helps,

rubatala
New Contributor III

I take all requirements installation before I installed the insight 

0 Kudos