I'm having trouble publishing a service on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1

08-13-2019 07:45 AM
DanIrwin
New Contributor II

When publishing from desktop to server, I am seeing the following SEVERE errors in ArcGIS Server Manager:

Method failed. HRESULT = 0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect.

Followed by:

Failed to rename cache folder.

These are map services, set to dynamic (no caching) in the caching tab, so the question is where and what is the cache folder it is referring to?  I've looked at this error elsewhere and it definitely claims to be a permissions issue, but all of the folders it suggests ensuring have the correct permissions do so.  In addition, the cache folder specified in the directories on the Site page, is this just for actual caches or all?  Every time I look at the documentation around this all it talks about is generation of tile caches, which is not what these services are supposed to be doing, so what cache folder is it referring to?

TIA

Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Does this occur when publishing a brand new service or when overwriting an existing map service?  And what is the source data - a file geodatabase, an enterprise geodatdatabase, or . . .?

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Any solution to this?

0 Kudos
MichaelHope
New Contributor II

We are having the same issues and began when we upgraded from 10.4.1 to 10.6.1. Source data FGDB and related dynamic map services are refreshed weekly (also not cache). For us, this is an intermittent issue as we have re-published other long running services and published new services without issue.

We publish from ArcMap 10.6.1 Client.

For those that re-publish with errors we get;

'Failed to rename cache folder error'

Then

'Geodatabase Error: General Function Failure'

Restarting the ArcGIS Windows services seems to flush out whatever was causing the issue.

0 Kudos