I cannot see protected services in ArcCatalog.

2087
3
10-29-2015 11:12 AM
DiegoLlamas
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am trying to see my secure services via ArcCatalog but I cannot see them even though my user has the right privileges and is in the correct Role, The services are secured. We use the user and password to connect to the server but we cannot see the secure services. we are sure the user have the privileges, because when we login to rest page we can see the services.

As you can see in image one

image1.PNG

we add the server using username and password and we do not see the mapas_seguros folder.

But if we login to rest services using mapavisor user we can see the folder and the services (image2).

image2.PNG

The difference is when we to login to rest services we use crimpr\mapavisor and if we use  that form on the server we do not see any folder. (image 3)

image3.PNG

we do not know why this difference between rest page and ArcCatalog server. Is it because I select User instead of publisher?

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you post more details of your environment? There are many hundreds of permutations of database, GIS software, and OS versions, each with their own quirks and configuration requiremetns.

What version of operating system is the GIS Server, Database Server, and the client installed on (where client is either a web browser or desktop ArcMa)?

Are you using GIS or Web Tier Authentication? Are you using a Web Adaptor? If so, what flavor of web server? IIS or Apache? If Web Tier, are you using Windows Active Directory for security? LDAP? SAML? If so, are you enforcing PIV credentials? HTTPS (hope you are)?

What flavor of database? Oracle? SQL? Is a domain service account starting the database? Have the right permissions been assigned to the feature class in question? Has the right group (role) been assigned to the rest service? Or is this a service based of a hosted service (FGDB in the server data store)?

It would be very helpful if you could post exact steps to reproduce....think like you're instructing a robot to make a jelly sandwich. I say this tongue in cheek, I probably still won't know what your problem is, but including specific and environment details will likely get your question answered quickly.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Occasional Contributor III

Hi thomas,

 

What version of operating system is the GIS Server, Database Server, and the client installed on (where client is either a web browser or desktop ArcMa)?

GIS Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise ArcGIS Server 10.2

Database Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Database 10.2

Clients: Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1

Are you using GIS or Web Tier Authentication? an existing enterprise system and roles from ArcGIS Server's built-in store

Are you using a Web Adaptor? If so, what flavor of web server? IIS or Apache? IIS

If Web Tier, are you using Windows Active Directory for security? LDAP? SAML? AD

If so, are you enforcing PIV credentials? HTTPS (hope you are)? HTTP and HTTPS configured

What flavor of database? Oracle? SQL? Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1617.0 (X64)   Apr 22 2011 19:23:43   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

Is a domain service account starting the database? Yes

Have the right permissions been assigned to the feature class in question? Yes

Has the right group (role) been assigned to the rest service? Yes

Or is this a service based of a hosted service (FGDB in the server data store)? SDE connection

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

When you assign the Role (AD Group) to the permissions of the Feature Class/Feature Dataset, are you doing so when it is versioned? I've found that I've had to disable verisioning when applying permissions sometimes, so the permissions get applied to the delta tables upon versioning. When you say correct user id and pw, but I can't tell if you're using AD on SDE ONLY and then ArcGIS accounts on ArcGIS Server......again, I've never had much success with mixed-mode authentication in the SDE/GIS svr environment.  I'd consider switching to web tier on ArcGIS Server, and give the arcgis svr service account read/write schema on the SDE database. Your problem is definitely not the right permissions being passed from GIS svr to SQL. Turn on logging debug mode on arcgis svr and see what errors pop up when you attempt access.

0 Kudos