Select to view content in your preferred language

How To Show Living Atlas Content Via Enterprise Site Category Element

05-02-2023 10:45 AM
willbruce_KarukTribeDNR
Occasional Contributor

We would like to include Living Atlas content on an Enterprise Site, and include it in Category or Tag queries. For example, including NOAA data in a category called 'Water'. Configuring this seems simple, but when the content block is clicked on the published site, the resulting search page seems to apply a query automatically that excludes Living Atlas content from the results.

The title of the page that the block links to lists the query: "Search for 'q:* and -owner:esri and -owner:esri_livingatlas..." I can't find documentation about this behavior. Is there a way to change this option?

We have already added the Living Atlas content we want to share to the Site's Content Group, and enabled ArcGIS Online subscriber content on our Enterprise Portal.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@willbruce_KarukTribeDNR are you adding the content as an item from the New Item tool?

David_Brooks_0-1683124212747.png

Once added to your organisation, you can then apply your own tags and categories.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
willbruce_KarukTribeDNR
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the reply David!

I don't need to apply my own tags really.. even the existing tags from ESRI would work. 

The issue is that it seems like Living Atlas content is automatically excluded from the search in any scenario where the data 'search' view is used - either by a link from a category, or by navigating directly to the 'Data' page. Even if all filters are cleared on that page, the content doesn't show up.

Meanwhile, the same layers show up successfully in a Gallery content block... so I know they are accessible. I definitely don't want to individually add a ton of items that already exist in Living Atlas.
0 Kudos