Select to view content in your preferred language

How to access ArcGIS Server Manager on a different network computer

06-01-2016 02:26 PM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone,

This may not be a viable option but I wanted to hear the ideas of the GeoNet first. I have ArcGIS Server (Standard Workgroup 10.4) installed and licensed on a local computer on my company's local area network. I can get to the server manager on this computer by going to https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager/site.html .

How can I access this server manager from another computer on the same network? I know the PC's local IP address and have tried all sorts of combinations of accessing this from another PC but have had no luck. I can also see the PC's files by typing in \\and the IP address, etc.. Is this sort of thing possible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow. Com.pli.ca.ted. I appreciate the info. I'm starting to think I'm in way over my head! (Happens to the best of us, I suppose). Proxies are beyond my comprehension as well as much of this server/IIS/adaptor/admin talk! Either way, I'll be taking small steps towards making this happen (things go at a real slow rate with my job for some reason)! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

just as a followup on my message about proxies as I'm starting to realize some of my misunderstanding of how it all works.  Bottom line, I'm going to have to go the WAB or JS-API route to get anything to hit out proxy and to maybe allow "anonymous access" to our secure services.  I was hoping I could get OpenData to work so the collective "we" in my Department could house downloadable data in one location.  Doesn't look like that will be an option.  That is probably beyond your needs and thinking wright now, but in case you are heading down that path, keep it in mind....and of course with anything esri and GIS....things are subject to change.

btw - If you're heading to the UC, make sure to find staff on the floor for more detailed info (or the tech support island).  If you can find the right person, it's nice to talk things thru, imho.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for the help. I am meeting with our WiFi guy next week to hopefully get this all finalized. I'll report back to what gets accomplished.

0 Kudos