How many web adaptors for Enterprise do I need, if I have anonymous users and intranet users when starting to use Portal on 10.5?

Jump to solution
05-12-2017 09:32 AM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I am preparing to go from 10.2.1 (no Portal) to 10.5 (with Portal). I have users that are anonymous that use our public rest services. I have intranet users that use public and secure rest services. I have anonymous access turned on in my web adaptor to Enterprise currently and everything works great. In watching the webinars, it says I have to turn anonymous off and turn the IWA using AD on to get my SSO. It mentioned using a second web adaptor to Enterprise with anonymous enabled to achieve this. I just want to make sure I'm getting this correct.

I also understand it will now also require a web adaptor that connects to my new Portal. So I will have 3 web adaptors on my Web Server?

My operating system is Windows 2008 R2 using IIS.

Thanks,

Janie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Two web adaptors will work for Server, but not for Portal.  For Portal, you can only have one "entry point" into the portal.  If you're looking to have internal users use their Windows accounts and get a single sign on experience but also allow public access, you'll need to look into using SAML.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Two web adaptors will work for Server, but not for Portal.  For Portal, you can only have one "entry point" into the portal.  If you're looking to have internal users use their Windows accounts and get a single sign on experience but also allow public access, you'll need to look into using SAML.

JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Jonathan,

I understand now I will not be able to use the IWA in AD to get the SSO. So now I will go with built-in users and built-in groups in Portal just like in my Enterprise Server.

Thanks,
Janie

0 Kudos