Select to view content in your preferred language

How is a License Updated in ArcGIS Data Store at 11.x?

Jump to solution
08-01-2023 12:44 PM
AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone:

I am attempting to apply new licensing to my Enterprise installation.
When updating the license for ArcGIS Data Store, I usually go to the Data Store tools folder and run the 'updatelicense' batch file.
I panicked!  The utility isn't there!  I search the web and find this:
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-update-the-arcgis-data-store-license-via-comman...

...and at the top of the page...

AdamRepsher_BentEar_0-1690918430526.png

Okay, I am at 11.1 and I need to follow the link...
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/data-store-utility-reference.htm#E...

It takes me to the top of the Data Store Command Utility Reference because the 'updatelicense' section no longer exists.

Can anyone tell me how the Data Store license is updated in 11.1?

Thank you,
Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS DataStore will check for an updated license file from ArcGIS Server on a regular basis. When updating ArcGIS Server's license it may take up to 24 hours, but DataStore will populate itself with that new information.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

With Enterprise 11.X, the DataStore license is automatically updated as part of the upgrade process, as a way to help simply all the steps involved. Hope that help relieves the panic, but I do agree it's not overly clear from that notice that it's taking place behind the scenes.

AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

@ReeseFacendini - just one clarification for me…

I am trying to apply a new license file. I am not upgrading to a new version, just applying a new license file.

Does it get applied when I enter the license file in the ArcGIS Server Software Authorization app?

thanks!

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

My apologies, I missed that detail. When you register ArcGIS DataStore with ArcGIS Server during setup, the license is imported during that process.

AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

@ReeseFacendini 

This is not a new install.  This is an existing Enterprise system.  Our license expires every year and we need to apply new licensing to it each year.  No install - no upgrade.  This was a straightforward process before.  Now?  Not sure.  

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS DataStore will check for an updated license file from ArcGIS Server on a regular basis. When updating ArcGIS Server's license it may take up to 24 hours, but DataStore will populate itself with that new information.

A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdamRepsher_BentEar,

I believe the process of updating the license has been compiled into the registration process. If you want to be absolutely sure you're Datastore is picking up a new license on ArcGIS Server - I would suggest unregistering the Datastore and then re-registering at 11.1 (a few minutes of downtime).

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."