Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I see my data in a registered folder on Server?

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 02:02 PM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I feel like this is a dumb question and likely the way my stuff is set up is why I can't do what I want to do.

I have ArcGIS Server (10.4) set up on a computer that sits on a public facing IP address. I have a folder on this PC that is registered in the Data Store. In this folder I have several images that I will want to use as attribute in some of my GIS data. How do I see these images from an outside-server perspective? Does this make sense?

I have other GIS data that I have published to this ArcGIS Server computer that I can see anywhere with the web address, but do I need to "publish" my files/items/pictures in order to see them on ArcGIS Server as well?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MichaelRobb
Honored Contributor

This is all about IIS  You can make the folder any folder you wish. It does not have to be under the default wwwroot.

Add Virtual Directory... and the physical path will be whatever you choose.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks Michael. I know little about IIS so any bit is helpful.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can also see in your services folder 
after map services name one DB sign present which shows data used to publish this service.
May one of the above will helps you .

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Avinash,

I am not sure what you are referring to. It my services rest directory, I can see my published GIS services, but I cannot see regular data on a "server".

0 Kudos