Group categories in an Enterprise Portal do not work when viewed from the Content tab.

02-26-2019 04:26 AM
ThomasMathew1
New Contributor III

Some group categories were setup from a Groups > (Group name) >Content Tab.

The group categories work as expected from the Groups > (Group name) > 'Content Tab' View.

Groups Tab

However, if the group categories are accessed from the Content > My Groups > 'Group Name' > 'Select a group category'

My Content

The group categories don't work. Some interesting observations and information are:-

1) The quantity next to the group categories are accurate (January (23), February (14), etc )

2) If no group categories are selected, all items are listed.

3) The account I'm logged in with is an administrator account.

4) The content in the group is created by another account in the organization.

5) ArcGIS Enterprise is at version 10.6.1.

Why don't the group categories filter content when viewed from the group category options available under the content tab of the Enterprise portal?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ThomasMathew4
New Contributor II

Hey Kelly Gerrow‌, I read a blog written by you on the categories in Enterprise Portal. If time permits, hoping you can shed some light on the behavior I'm seeing.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Can you get a support case created to look into this further? I'm not sure I quite understand the workflow so I think it will be best to get someone to work directly with you.

Thomas Edghill

0 Kudos
ThomasMathew1
New Contributor III

Due to time constraints I'll not be pursuing this further at this time. Thank you Kelly Gerrow‌ and Thomas Edghill‌ for reaching out though.

LizLahey
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1. I can create Group Categories and assign content to them from the Groups > (Group Name) > Content tab. When I navigate to Content > My Groups > (Group Name) and select a Group Category to filter by, no content is returned. I also see an accurate item count in parenthesis next to each of my Group Categories, so I know there is content assigned to the groups.

JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

We're also experiencing this issue. Kelly Gerrow‌, do you know if an issue has been created for this yet? If not, I can create a support case with Esri Canada.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Jonathan,

I think the best option would be to create a case with support. I haven't found any related issues so it's worth getting something started with support. What version of Enterprise are you using?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

We're currently on 10.6.1.

FYI, here are the repro steps:

1. In Portal, click on the Content tab.
  2. Click the My Groups tab.
  3. From the list of My Groups, click the name of a group that has group categories defined.
  4. From the list of Group Categories, click the name of a category that has a number beside it.
  5. No content appears in the search results. There should be as many results as are indicated by the number in the Group Categories list.

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos