Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting error "Requested operation is not supported by the service" for Feature Service on ArcGIS Server

12-05-2023 04:04 AM
abhishek_choudhary
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am attempting to modify the feature service within the map service, but I encounter an error stating "Requested operation is not supported by the service." I've already granted Feature access privileges, including create, update, and query permissions. Can someone provide insights into possible reasons for this issue?

Below are some screenshots of the permission settings and post requests.

abhishek_choudhary_3-1701777616638.png

abhishek_choudhary_2-1701777493597.png

Thanks & Regards,

Ahishek Kumar Choudhary

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Oiligriv
Frequent Contributor

is it a service referenced to an external DB?
if so, can the SDE connection that was registered to ArcGIS Server write to the DB?

0 Kudos
abhishek_choudhary
Occasional Contributor

@Oiligriv , Thanks for your response . Here the service is using the geodatabase file and we haven't configured to any external database. Below is the snapshot of the Database information . Additionally we have configured the ArcGIS Datatstore for Relational and Tiles. Could you please help in identifying the issue by these information.

abhishek_choudhary_0-1701861795741.png

0 Kudos
Oiligriv
Frequent Contributor

HI
you have performed a publication by uploading the Geodatabase file within the service.
to use insert, update, etc etc you must republish the service and write the data into ArcGIS Datastore.

Virgilio

0 Kudos
abhishek_choudhary
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Oiligriv  , Can you please guide how can we achieve this .I tried creating a folder on the same server and copying the file geodatabase to the folder which is used as a referenced datasource while publishing the service . Still getting same error . Is there anything I am doing wrong here or It would be great if you could share some steps to do it correctly.  

abhishek_choudhary_0-1701975889405.png

0 Kudos
Oiligriv
Frequent Contributor

you can follow these steps in the documentation

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/it/portal/latest/use/publish-features.htm

0 Kudos