Select to view content in your preferred language

Geodatabase error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.

01-05-2018 01:29 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the Server Manager logs - what does this mean? 

How do I fix it? 

SEVEREJan 5, 2018, 9:20:36 AMGeodatabase error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.Administrative_Boundaries/Local_Authority_Districts_December_2015_Boundaries.MapServer
SEVEREJan 5, 2018, 9:20:35 AMGeodatabase error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.Administrative_Boundaries/Local_Authority_Districts_December_2015_Boundaries.MapServer
SEVEREJan 5, 2018, 9:19:54 AMGeodatabase error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.Administrative_Boundaries/Local_Authority_Districts_December_2015_Boundaries.MapServer
SEVEREJan 5, 2018, 9:18:52 AMGeodatabase error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.Electoral_Boundaries/Westminster_Parliamentary_Constituencies_December_2015_Boundaries.MapServer

Thanks

Matt

17 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Since versioned views automatically access the Default version, is that the version you want to be querying or is it a different version?

0 Kudos
DougGreen
Occasional Contributor II

Yep, that version is fine. It's the one used when the error is produced. It continues to happen even when unregistering so version specific errors are ruled out. 

I heard back from them and they ended up telling me that this is a bug. #BUG-000125941

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

By the bug number itself, it was logged fairly recently.  I looked on Esri Support's website and the bug information is not generally available, which isn't surprising if it was logged recently.  Can you share what the bug title and description is?

0 Kudos
geonexusjames
New Contributor II

did you hear anything else after this? Having this issue attempting to upgrade an electric UN to v4 in ArcGIS Pro 2.6

0 Kudos
StephenCarpenter
New Contributor

Did you manage to find a solution to the empty geometry? Thanks

0 Kudos
geonexusjames
New Contributor II

I'm having this same issue when attempting to upgrade a Electric UN to v4. Using Pro 2.6 with no patches. Downloading patches now, hoping that will fix the issue. Will also look into #BUG-000125941 and report back.

0 Kudos
MariaGiarrusso
New Contributor III

I'm getting the same ArcGISServer 10.9.1 Log Error "Error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry."  When I use the Pro 3.0.x Tool "Check Geometry", no errors are detected.  Data in SQL Ent gdb.  Did anyone find additional info on the bug BUG-000125941?  

Darin_VanDeBerg
New Contributor

Error: The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.

Does anyone have an update?  I am receiving the same error and have troubleshooted the same steps as MariaGiarrusso.  

0 Kudos