Select to view content in your preferred language

Finding to Which Data Store Portal Items Are Published

05-15-2024 07:23 AM
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

We are in the process of migrating to new servers and setting up our organization's first Portal for ArcGIS.  We each created a data store with the same name (one is to be removed), but used only one (mine) to upload our items.  This morning, we had to change our Database Connection in the data store's Settings and it raised some questions regarding to which data store the items are now connected.  Is there a way to see which items are registered to which data store so we can ensure there are no issues when we remove the duplicate data store?  We've checked Server Manager, Portal, and Pro without any luck, but may have overlooked something.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JasminePrater, I believe the Enterprise Reporter tool will do this.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the link!  I ran the reporter on Monday and went through the many tabs that were created in the different Excel files.  I was unable to find any information on which datasets (layers) were published to which datastores.  Do you have any idea where that information would be found?  I looked in the Read Me documentation and only found two mentioned of datastores and neither provided any insight.  Perhaps I have overlooked it, but I did workbook searches on the datastore names, too.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@JasminePrater unfortunately, the only place I was able to find the Data Store ID (found in ArcGIS Server Admin > data > items > enterpriseDatabases) was by locating the service in the MSD file located at arcgisserver/directories/arcgissystem/arcgisinput/<service>/extracted/p30.  This file can be extraced with 7-zip, and within is a JSON file that contains this value:

JakeSkinner_0-1721930874194.png

0 Kudos