Find Hot Spots works with all types of FeatureLayer ?

Jump to solution
09-28-2016 01:44 PM
tomwang1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

This question is for Redlands. Does  Find Hot Spots works with all types of FeatureLayer? or only works with FeatureLayer constructed with url?  constructed with dynamiclayer or featureCollectionObject?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomwang1
Occasional Contributor

I received a response from Esri. The analysisLayer takes a URL to a feature service URL or a feature collection. But, it does not support a featurelayer with dynamic source.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Tom,  does this answer your question:

Use the analysis tools—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
tomwang1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kory!  About esri/dijit/analysis/FindHotSpots,  my testing result shows that FeatureLayer constructed with "url" works, but featurelayer constructed with "dynamiclayer" or "featureCollectionObject" did not work. I may did some thing wrong, but i'd like to know whether the task designed to work with those two types of FeatureLayer or not?

This input parameter has a type - FeatureLayer, but not defined what type of FeatureLayer. There are three constractors to create a FeatureLayer by URL, by featureCollectionObject or by dynamiclayer with datasource from your database. ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos
tomwang1
Occasional Contributor

I received a response from Esri. The analysisLayer takes a URL to a feature service URL or a feature collection. But, it does not support a featurelayer with dynamic source.