File nssm.exe in data store 10.9.1 gives virus warning

Jump to solution
01-04-2022 06:02 AM
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All

I use the www.virustotal.com site to test C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DataStore\framework\runtime\couchdb\bin\nssm.exe and get a message that it contain virus.

Anybody runs into this problem? Can you install DataStore without this file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

nssm.exe is a windows process. This executable file creates logs all progress in an Event log. nssm.exe is part of couchdb, which may cause anti-virus software to flag it as a third party file.

While this file could be removed, it is not recommended nor supported due to potential adverse affects in the software. We are looking to remove this entirely in the upcoming releases of ArcGIS Enterprise.

For more details, I would reach out to PSIRT

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would reach out the Esri Technical Support on this question.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I would recommend contacting the security team at the link: https://trust.arcgis.com/en/security-concern

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

nssm.exe is a windows process. This executable file creates logs all progress in an Event log. nssm.exe is part of couchdb, which may cause anti-virus software to flag it as a third party file.

While this file could be removed, it is not recommended nor supported due to potential adverse affects in the software. We are looking to remove this entirely in the upcoming releases of ArcGIS Enterprise.

For more details, I would reach out to PSIRT

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos